Strollers for Babies: How to Choose the Best in 2021
Strollers for Babies: How to Choose the Best in 2021
Photo: Candid_Shots from Pixabay
Here’s a scene that you might have witnessed innumerable times if you live in India. With a baby on one shoulder, a young woman, with a baby on one shoulder, bends to lock her flat door while the bag slung on her other shoulder slips forward. Irritably, she sets it in place again while the baby stirs and begins to cry.
Common? Of course, we’ve all seen it and clicked our tongues to our good fortune too. But we needn’t wait for Dame Luck to shine on our young women anymore. After all, India’s baby mobility market has finally woken up to the fact that the young and affluent section of society would prefer to buy a stroller for their babies. This purchase would give both mother and child all the convenience and comfort they seek.
Strollers for babies, did you say? How does this become the solution to this problem? To understand this, let’s step back a bit and understand why this solution is the perfect one.
India’s Strollers for Babies Market: Why Is It Booming?
- Young, educated Indians want a better-quality life for themselves and their families.
- Young people travel internationally, so they are aware of the use of baby strollers in the West.
- The Internet has played its role of being an information supplier to us.
- Disposable income among young parents seeking only the best for their families spurs growth in the market.
For these reasons, among others, the Indian baby mobility market is on the upswing, with people in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities contributing to its increasing sales. Today, this market is poised to grow at an estimated 18% CAGR.
A convenient means of transporting your baby, a stroller is a lightweight but highly efficient transport system. It is different from a pram in that the stroller has an upright seat but the baby always lies down in a pram. These days, the baby stroller has undergone various avatars, so it’s interesting to know that it comes in a variety of styles. You’ll be amazed to find that strollers are of five types:
Umbrella stroller/Photo: PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay
- Car seat carrier
- Umbrella stroller
- Travel system
- Jogging stroller
- Double stroller
It also helps to speak to older mothers who have used strollers before you. You can get several tips from them, such as finding the best budget all-terrain stroller for Indian roads.
There are several benefits that both you and your baby can reap from using a stroller. r Here they are:
Easy Means of Transport
A stroller is easy to transport, carry and fold. These factors make it the perfect solution for caring for your baby. You can fold the stroller in your car before driving away.
Protection from UV Rays
A canopy is part of the design of baby strollers, which protects your infant from the harsh sun. The fabrics used in making the stroller is also water-resistant, so your baby will always be safe, despite the weather.
Durable and Sturdy
Lightweight travel strollers of today are also sturdy; you’ll be happy to know. They are used with premium quality products and hence offer durability and long-lasting stability.
Baby strollers have inbuilt safety features, such as lockable wheels for enhanced stability and safety. A five-point harness keeps your baby in one spot so he doesn’t fall on bumpy roads. Besides, strollers also come with the suspension to reduce the experience of a bump.
You can also read blogs on the Net that point to safety tips for baby strollers in India before buying.
Ease of Use
It is easy to maneuver for parents and equally comfortable for the baby. It also does away with the need to carry the baby wherever you go together.
The best strollers for toddlers are equipped with inbuilt storage capacity to help you carry all that you need for your baby while you take a walk together. However, take care not to load it up too much.
There are several reasons why parents would like to invest in a stroller. For one, they would like to free up their hands instead of keeping them busy with holding the baby. Here are some more:
When you’re out enjoying yourself with your little one, it’s nice to have a stroller as it gives you the convenience of not needing to carry your baby. It takes away the discomfort of carrying your baby. Besides, you won’t be able to enjoy yourself.
A stroller is always a better alternative to carrying your baby in your arms. So, look to both your comfort and your baby’s and decide to invest in a stroller. Additionally, it gives the infant a chance to lie on its back or sit up while he’s in it. So, bear your baby’s need for comfort and buy a stroller.
You can place your baby in his stroller and do a few chores around the house. Once he’s in there, you know that the stroller’s safety features will keep him away from danger and harm.
Best Strollers for Toddlers: How to Buy
Naturally, you would want to choose only among the best strollers for toddlers. However, if you’re not sure which one to go with, read on to find out which factors to look out for before you put down money on one.
Multi-position adjustable seat/Photo: Amazon.in
- Tough: Ensure it’s stable, sturdy, compact, and safe to use.
- Lasting value: If you plan to use it over several years for all your babies, choose one with lasting value. Is it capable of adding on a seat for the newborn and other such essentials? A stroller that turns into a car seat is also something you can consider. Alternatively, a jogging stroller is also a good option, particularly, if you prefer to jog while you take the baby out to catch some fresh air.
- Is it infant-ready? Check that the ones you’re looking at are infant-ready. You’ll know they are if they have a deep incline that will help put your baby in them without adding any accessories.
- Perhaps, it’s versatile enough to allow you to use any of its different seat positions—sitting, sleeping or reclining. You will find this multi-position adjustable seat particularly helpful as your baby grows.
- Is it easy to use? Check if it steers smoothly without you having to push hard? Does it do a right or left turn smoothly? If it passes all your tests, go for it. Once you figure out how to use a stroller for a newborn, you’ll be happy you bought it.
- Can you fold it easily? You might often find yourself holding the baby in one hand and opening the stroller with the other. Is this easy to do, or are you struggling?
- Is it lightweight? The lighter it is, the more comfortable for you to take through busy streets. So, ensure you don’t buy something bulky.
The market for baby strollers is massive and the models available have a range of useful features. So, you would be wise not to buy a stroller in haste. Instead, study the market while finding out the best time to buy a stroller on sale so that you can time your purchase for then. You might even lay your hands on the best budget-friendly stroller in India.
Did you like this blog? If you have any comments to make, kindly send them to us using the form below.